Sunday 27 February 2011

Elle Collections

I purchased the 10th issue, spring/summer 2011 of Elle Collections yesterday and it truly is a beautifully put together magazine with it's glossed over finish taking it further.. so much that I could not possibly pull it apart to use for my current fashion show module. Scanning may be needed


Rather than the general round of this seasons catwalk shows, it also deconstructs the trends for this season allowing the reader to fully understand and engage with what is 'in' for this spring/summer of 2011.
It has even given us Fashion bloggers a one way insight with a calendar recording all of the important fashion and art events until November..
My personal favourite has got to be Burberry Prorsum -Animal prints and Leather = Born to be Wild
The leather panelled leggings, statement studded jackets and of course the infamous Burberry trench, this time taking in at the waist with colour popping neon accessories and blasts of animal print.
The Runway for the seasons collection is definitely a one to watch, showing Christopher Bailey bringing Burberry into today and pulling it in a different direction from its traditional trench and natural palette of colour. He is keeping the British tradition alive whilst giving it a brand new twist, making all eyes on Burberry this season..





During my trip to New York this February (Pictures are yet to surface my blog) I had the pleasure of entering such beautiful shops, and Burberry was in my Top Lists to see.. My current obsession with my own leather jacket and leggings combo made me pine for the what I had seen on this seasons runway but unfortunately with the price tag I had to refrain from buying every piece in sight!





No comments:

Post a Comment